When tragedy strikes, it's very difficult to know how and when to share the news with our children. The age and maturity level of your child will play a big factor to determine if/when you share tragedies with your kids. We've gathered resources below to help you make the best decisions for your children. This list will be updated as more resources are found. To contribute resources, email community@Twiniversity.com.
* Explaining the News to Our Kids, Common Sense Media
* Helping Children Cope in Unsettling Times; Tips for Parents and Children, National Association of School Psychologists
* How to talk with your children about anti-Semitism, PJ Library
* Responding to Crisis, Jewish Education Center of Cleveland
* Strategies for Talking and Listening, PBS: Talking with Kids about News
* Toolkit for “When Bad Things Happen”, Southern Poverty Law Center
* When Bad Things Happen, Be a Helper, Southern Poverty Law Center
* When Bad Things Happen, Southern Poverty Law Center
* Anxiety and PTSD, how to identify in students
* Talking to kids about Pittsburgh and Anti-Semitism (Handout)
* The National Child Trauma Stress Network
Got twins? Us too! The Twiniversity Podcast with Natalie Diaz is created by parents of twins FOR parents of twins, from expecting times through the teenage years and everything in between. This podcast is all about parenting twins, offering plenty of tips, parenting hacks, and of course, humor. Just know that we are laughing WITH you every step of the way.
Are you looking to connect with an experienced parent of multiples who has been in your shoes? Do you want to feel supported, guided, and heard as a new parent of multiples*?
Or, do you love offering advice and tips to new parents of multiples*? Would you love to support, guide and listen to a soon-to-be or new parent the way you wish someone was there for you?
If you said, “YES!” to any of those questions, then the Twiniversity Parent-to-Parent Mentorship Program is perfect for YOU!
We are looking for parents of multiples from around the globe who want to be matched up with a parent mentor, or who want to BE a parent mentor. We’ll be matching up moms with moms and dads with dads from all over the world to get personal support in this crazy life of multiples parenting!! All you have to do is complete a simple application form and we’ll do the matchmaking! And the best part? The program is totally FREE! There are no fees to take part in this program.
Ready to sign up? Visit the Twiniversity Parent-to-Parent Mentorship Page to learn how to apply!
Are you a new twin parent? Check out Natalie Diaz’s new book “What To Do When You’re Having Two: The Twin Survival Guide From Pregnancy Through the First Year”, available in stores now!
The rate of twin births has risen 79 percent over the last three decades, and continues to increase. A mom of fraternal twins and a national guru on having two, Natalie Diaz launched Twiniversity, a supportive website with advice from the twin-trenches.
What to Do When You’re Having Two is the definitive how-to guide to parenting twins, covering how to make a Birth Plan checklist, sticking to one sleep schedule, managing double-duty breastfeeding, stocking up on all the necessary gear, building one-on-one relationships with each child, and more.
Accessible and informative, What to Do When You’re Having Two is the must-have manual for all parents of twins.