When your twinnies are rear facing in the car you may find that you need certain things to help keep them entertained, and allow some play at rest stops for longer road trips. Being distracted by a crying baby who is bored or uncomfortable can be so stressful. Here are 10 must have items for infants when traveling in a car that will help you out.
1. First thing is you need a great car seat that will keep your twinnies safe and sound and give you peace of mind. The
Britax Endeavours Infant Car Seat is solid and extra safe. You will adore all the padding on the side for extra protection. It feels like a concrete block with a velvety, baby friendly center. This density does come with a little extra weight, but, in our opinion, it’s worth it.
2. The is a perfect addition to your car decor is the Brica Firefly Baby-In-Sight Car Mirror. All you have to do is hit the remote control button and a super soothing melody and light will keep them happy and maybe even lull them to sleep, almost as if by magic. Your babies will love to be able to see you.
3. The Bright Starts Take Along Carrier Toy Bar is by far one of the best investments you will make to keep everyone happy while traveling in a car. It sings, it rattles, it lights up and it safely attaches to your car seat, stroller or both!
4. Bright Starts Lots of Links – You may be saying that you have these darn rings everywhere, but it will be worth it. Your twinnies can play with them in the car, in restaurants and of course at home. Babies can chew on them, play with them and later you can hang them on things.
5. Keep your twinnies warm and protected with the Skip Hop Stroll & Go Infant and Toddler Automotive Car Seat Cover Bunting that goes over the entire seat. Adding something to the inside of the seat is not safe, but around with this cover will not sacrifice the integrity of the seat.
6. For when your twinnies are a little bigger the One Kid Road Coat is the only Car Seat Safety Coat – Crash Tested, CPST & Kid Approved out there. It is not safe for kids to be in a car seat with a thick coat that prevents the straps from being snug. It comes in a variety of colors and sizes perfect for your twinnies.
7. For a little extra warmth, you should wrap your little ones up in the aden + anais stroller blanket. Made with four layers of 100% cotton muslin for cozy comfort, it is soft, cozy and perfect sized to bundle your twinnies in the car seat. You can also use it in your stroller.
8. With the Skip Hop Baby Pronto Portable Changing Station you will be able to make a quick diaper change anywhere without having to lug your whole twin sized diaper bag. This changing station has three pockets, perfect for holding diapers, wipes, rash cream etc. It also comes with a wipe storage box that is clear so you can easily check if you need to throw more wipes in the diaper bag. The changing pad zips off to clean. You will love this changing station.
9. We know we’ve mentioned a few toys but the Bright Starts Snuggle Teether is a teether and sensory toy in one. It will help keep your twinnies occupied and at ease especially if they are teething while traveling in a car. Car rides will go much smoother if your twinnies have this.
10. The Fisher-Price On-The-Go Baby Dome is not for use in the car, but you will want to take this everywhere! You can set it on the grass during a rest stop and you can have the babies play in it when traveling to a place that might not be babyproofed. It also protects your little ones from sun and mosquitos with its dome top.
Everyone who drives a car knows the importance of concentrating on the road. Being distracted by a crying baby is so stressful. With these awesome items, everyone will be happy and your ride will go smooth.
Jenifer Roth is a busy, busy mom to 1-year-old identical twin boys Jase and Evan, full-time High School driver ed teacher, and full-time finder of random information to help others! When not running around from work to home to errands she enjoys working on her blog, making piles of stuff and just hanging with her family! Trying to find the work-life balance has been a journey of its own but push on she must! You can read her blog here!