Sometimes we are the last people we think about. Stop it. This is a list for us. That’s right. We’ve put together a guilt-free list just for us pregnant mamas! 25 items under $25?! There will be plenty of time to focus on the twinnies after they are born, right now, focus on you.
So send this list along to your mom, your partner, even your co-workers at the secret santa this year. Whatever you do, keep this list handy for when you are out and about running errands to make sure you don’t run low on these must-have items under $25.
Clothing items under $25
Even if you are a woman who hates clothes shopping, it is a necessary evil as your body grows. Let’s face it, maternity clothes are a must and that will happen sooner than later when you are expecting twins.
1. A good pair of high-waisted leggings. These leggings from Walmart will do the trick until you really pop!
2. A larger pair of high-waisted leggings. Old Navy has a great selection of maternity clothes at reasonable prices. We guarantee you will be living in these toward the end of your pregnancy!
3. Underwear that will fit over your growing belly. This is an important piece of clothing! If your underwear is uncomfortable, then you will be too!
4. Ribbed or nursing tank-tops. The easiest way to dress a growing belly is tank-tops under a nice cardigan. Pair that with your leggings and you are ready to rule the world!
5. A pair of slip-on shoes. At some point you will not be able to see your feet anymore. Prepare accordingly.
Must-have cheap beauty items
While your body may be expanding and uncomfortable, your skin, hair and nails don’t have to. Beauty items can help you to feel a little more like your body is your own, even while growing a baby (or 2) so go ahead and treat yo’ self, sister!
1. A good lip balm. No one likes crusty lips. Not you, not your partner, and not your babies.
2. Fragrance Free Shampoo and Conditioner. You might fall victim to becoming nauseous to smelling anything you once loved, including your favorite shampoo. Luckily, there are fragrance-free options available.
3. Fragrance Free Soap.If you can’t stomach the smell of yourself it might be time to try this!
4. Lotion. It rubs the lotion on its belly. Trust us, it will make you feel better!
5. A durable nail polish. You’re pregnant, not dead. Paint those nails and treat yourself to a little spa day at home.
FOOD items for under $25
Food is an absolute necessity. Even more so when you are expecting twins. There are some things you can do nutrition-wise that might help you be a little more comfortable and healthy during your twin pregnancy.
1. Ginger candies. These candies help with nausea and other tummy issues. Moms from around the world swear by them!
2. Protein bars. Don’t get hangry. Carry a couple of protein bars around with you at all times!
3. Prenatal Vitamin. Check with your doctor first but this prenatal vitamin is filled with all the great stuff those babies need!
4. A Big Ass Water Bottle. No one will drink you under the table…if we are talking water! Making two babies makes us Mamas very thirsty.
5. Seltzer water. If you need to spice up your water or if you just like being fancy, these will do too.
Items to help you catch some zzz’s
Sleep is crucial, yet elusive during twin pregnancy. It seems that whether you sleep for 2 hours are 13 hours, there is never enough sleep. Do what you can to rest as much as possible and make it as comfy as possible for as long as you can.
1. Pregnancy Pillow Wedge. You can use it under your belly, between your legs or throw it at your partner. It’s a very versatile product.
2. Sleep Mask. Sometimes napping during the day is hard, you know, with the sun and all. A sleep mask with help and bonus points if you get some ear plugs to drown out the noise of the productive people.
3. Pajamas. Pregnant or not. You need pjs. These are cute and if you are nursing, they come with easy access.
4. Slippers. Cold feet equal a cold heart. I just made that up but no one likes cold feet and these you can go to the store in too.
5. Satin PillowCase. Your body has been working hard at growing babies and growing your hair. Satin pillow cases will lessen the breakage of your new healthy lush hair.
Line up work items for under $25
Working through a pregnancy is tricky. you never quite know how your day will go when you wake up in the morning, do you? You start the day feeling great but by lunch time everything HURTS and you’re even feeling a bit nauseous.
Take a look at this list of items under $25 to help get you through the days ahead.
1. Desk fan. Sure the heat doesn’t work in your office but you’re still sweating. That’s because you have twice the blood flowing through you — being a natural wonder of the world and all. Treat yourself to a desk fan.
2. Hand cream. You need hand cream. I don’t need to see your hands to know you need it and this one won’t make you vomit.
3. Lumbar Support Pillow. Sitting hurts. Standing hurts. Try taking a load off your lumbar with a lumbar support pillow that fits on your office chair.
4. Belly Bands. Belly bands are great because they extend the length of time you can wear your pants. Can’t button those dress pants anymore? Belly bands to the rescue!
5. Foot rest. Your feet are swollen, tired, angry and a little hurt that you haven’t treated them right so far. The least you can do is give them a break while you are sitting.
We hope these items under $25 have helped you think about what you want and need to make your pregnancy more comfortable. Be sure to check out our pregnancy must-have items, too! Whether it’s sleep, food or rest, we can help provide the tools for success. Let us know if there are any other products that would be helpful during this exciting time in your life! We look forward to hearing from you soon!