If you’re scrambling for ideas of things to do with your kids who are stuck at home due to the Coronavirus, check out these great articles and ideas to keep kids busy and get you through the next few weeks. Stay safe everyone!
7 Indoor Activities When Cold Weather Hits
Rainy Day Activities for Your Twinnies
15 Toys to Encourage Independent Play
Toys for Gross Motor Development
Toys for Fine Motor Development
Homeschooling Older Kids When You Have Toddlers
How to Start Cooking with Kids
Tips for Baking with Kids (with a great challah bread recipe!)
Also, here’s some other articles that we thought would be helpful (not all are written by Twiniversity)…
Coronavirus Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Advisory from ACOG
Why not nominate your favorite baby and kid gear for the 2020 Twiniversity Twinnie Awards?
3 Ingredient Homemade Hand Sanitizer
How to talk to your kids about Coronavirus
12 Museums That Have Free Virtual Tours on Their Website
Download the Go Noodle app for free physical activity videos for kids to keep them MOVING indoors!
The Do’s and Don’ts of Social Distancing
List of things to do with your kids at home
But seriously, these next few weeks are going to be difficult for all parents who have kids out of school. And not being able to get out and socialize during this time of isolation is going to weigh heavily on all of us. Here are some ideas to combat the boredom, frustration, and insanity!
- Practice reading with your kids
- Listen to kids audiobooks and podcasts
- Pull out some old puzzles
- Board games!
- Card games: Go Fish, Old Maid, Uno, and Slapjack are favorites
- Art projects
- Make slime
- Coloring and drawing competitions
- Teach your kids how to crochet or knit
- Jewelry making / beading
- Word searches
- Watch classic family movies
- Lego building contests
- Organize! Sort through all the kids’ toys, closets, under the bed, etc.
- Video game tournaments
- Baking! Bread, cookies, muffins, cake, etc.
- Cook lunch together with a fun new kid-friendly recipe every day
- Practice instruments. If you own a piano, now is a great time to self-teach and get the kids involved.
- Learn karate moves!
- Practice yoga and other kid-friendly workout videos
We have to remember that this is a REALLY important thing that we’re doing to help slow the spread of the Coronavirus. Our friends, family, and neighbors are counting on us to help keep them safe and our healthcare system needs TIME to make sure our hospitals aren’t going overcapacity, which will absolutely save lives. Learn more about how this all works at FlattenTheCurve.com.